Updates at the Child & Youth Development Clinic
The CYDC is now beginning to offer telepsychology services, such as telephone appointments or video conferencing, for current clients and families. Our graduate student clinician team is reaching out to families who have recently received services. Current or past clients of the CYDC who feel they would benefit from consultation or support over the next few weeks, are encouraged to contact Dr. Colin King or Leesa Couper. Given the unique circumstances, ongoing support may not be a possibility for all clients or all graduate student clinicians.
Over the upcoming months, the CYDC hopes to begin offering clinical supports to new CYDC clients and families who might benefit from telepsychology support during this stressful time. As the coronavirus situation continues to unfold, the clinic is also giving consideration to other forms of support, such as webinars or online groups that may be a suitable form of support for the CYDC and families.
Listed below are a number of urgent supports in the community, should these resources be of interest.
- Kids Help Phone (< 16 years) 1-800-668-6868
- Crisis and Intake Team – Support Services 24/7 (12 – 18 years) 519-433-0334
- CMHA - Support Line (16 years +) 519-601-8055
- Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Centre (16 years +) 519-433-2023
- Big White Wall - Peer to Peer Support Community (16 years +)